Monday 29 July 2013

Hyper Japan 2013

Mina-san Konnichiwaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! So on Saturday it was the first time that I ever went to a Hyper Japan event like ever. Seeing as I didn't really celebrate my birthday this year I thought I'd check it out and let my Otaku (yes, I am a nerd at heart ^__~ ) side free for the day =D

Now for those of you who aren't familiar with Hyper Japan, it's an event held at Earl's Court Exhibition centre in London, England. It is an annual event that takes place over 3 days, this year it was from 26th-28th July. It's basically a convention for all you lovers of anything Japanese. There were stalls for you to purchase such as Japanese make up and cosmetics, anime, manga, video games, food, clothing and kawaii accessories, cute anime plushies and hentai body pillows cases O.o

There were stalls to try on kimonos, dress up in cosplay clothing and wigs. There was also a Tokyo style transformation area where you could have your hair and make up done gyaru, lolita or Shironuri style.

best cosplayer I saw that day and I
I dressed up Kogyaru style

FF VII Cloud Buster

nunchucks













Everyone came dressed as thier favourite anime and video games characters, ready for the cosplay parade. There were some who looked amazing. There were live performances from the J pop artist Yun*chi,  Siro-A, kendo and martial arts demonstrations as well as some traditional folk music. Also there were some sexy Japanese cars, gaming areas and sooooooo much yummy Japanese food and snacks. I must have taken like 200 plus photos so I will just post my favourites here...so hard to choose though ugh....

original anime cels

how cute is Yun*chi? >__<



Mango shaved ice dessert
My overall view on the day was it was a new experience for me and yes I did enjoy it. However I don't think I would go again simply because it was a very long way for me to travel and to be honest the venue seemed pretty small when compared with NEC and I went round and did everything I wanted to do within 2 hours pretty much. Guess in my head I hyped it up so much that when I got there I just thought..Meh. I honestly think I would have enjoyed it a lot more when I was younger and would've felt more connected with the other fans there but I don't know why I felt very reserved and too mature and kind of out of place (probably should have come in cosplay too, maybe next year??) LOL think the old age and wisdom is kicking in now BWAHAHAHAHA XD

stuff I bought @Hyper Japan
Yun*chi performing live on stage

No comments:

Post a Comment